Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ne-Yo talks about R. Kelly and future projects


R&B singer Ne-Yo talks to MTV about new projects and R. Kelly. Check out what he has to say: 

That's something that my management and my lawyers are doing," Ne-Yo said. "Me personally? I've let it go. I'm not the hold-a-grudge guy. I'm not gonna see R. Kelly in the street and run up on him and swing on him. I'm not gonna do a dis record about R. Kelly. It was what it was. It happened. For whatever reason, he, I don't know, I guess felt threatened by me and kicked me off tour. Life goes on.

"I don't have a problem with the man," he says. "It's apparent he has a problem with me — he kicked me off tour."

"I'm just figuring out where I want to go," Ne-Yo said. "Me being an artist, I can't do the same (thing) two, three and four times. I have to find the next thing. That's the current battle: trying to figure where to go now. I know I want to do R&B, but at the same time, I want to be the kind of artist that can do a duet with a John Mayer and [have] it makes sense."

"I have no idea (how it's going to sound)," Ne-Yo added. "But figuring it out is gonna be fun." 

No comments: